You might not know it, but getting the right amount of sleep is almost as important as nutrition and exercise to achieving your fitness goals. This is the time when your body does most of its repairing and rebuilding, so if you aren’t getting enough, this could be inhibiting you from reaching your full potential!
For most adults, the optimal amount of sleep is between 7 – 9 hours per night. Regularly undersleeping can result in increased cortisol levels – a stress hormone that can cause you to store more fat, particularly around the abdomen region. It can also cause tiredness, and make you crave fast-absorbing high-energy foods like sugar, which is not your friend when it comes to fat loss!
Try our tips for having a good night’s sleep:
– Avoid large meals before bedtime
– Avoid drinking coffee after lunchtime
– Keep sugary foods to a minimum
– Develop a regular bedtime routine
– Have a definite bedtime and wake up time (If you can)
– Try to refrain from watching TV or using your computer before bed
– Participating in a hard exercise session can help you to have a more restful sleep
Do you need a kick start with your health and fitness, or just don’t know where to start? Check out our upcoming Fitness Challenges! Or Contact Us to find out more about how we can help you achieve all your health and fitness goals. RESULTS 100% GUARANTEED.